Thursday, March 22, 2007

Next Up

Well, next week I will participate in the Seven Day Roguelike Playing Week.

The date has been set for the 2007 24 Hour Comics Day: October 20th. A long ways from now and frighteningly close to the beginning of NaNoWriMo.

Of course, by the rules of 24 hour comics, I don't have to do it on the day. But I want to. Also, I don't have to go to any particular location, but I want the complete experience. Last year there were 89 locations where folks got together to do their 24 hour comic. None of them were in Arizona. I'm all for doing a bit of traveling as part of the whole adventure.

As far as what the comic is going to be about, the spirit of the 24 hour comics challenge is that you don't put a lot of thought into that -- no preliminary sketches, no story outlines. Sit down and start drawing. So, in that spirit, I'm going to try not to think about what my comic will be about. I will try to not think of that for seven months. Good luck to me. I will, however, start spending more time sketching. My sketching muscles are a bit atrophied.

NaNoWriMo follows shortly thereafter. The spirit of that contest is that you don't have copy written before November 1, but you can have notes, characters, plot outline figured out in advance.

No comments: