Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fun

So what got lost completely in yesterday's post is this: Doing the seven day roguelike was a blast. I enjoyed every minute of it. Yeah, I wish more people had seen the final result. But a great game takes more than 168 hours, so I can hardly blame anyone for wanting to spend their game-playing hours interacting with something better.

I expect that the 24 hour comic will also be a fun experience. Even the half-marathon will be fun. I expect NaNoWriMo will just be excruciating.

It's not that I feel like I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile in my life, either. I know I've made my share of worthwhile contributions.

And I know, I know, I know that it is not what I do that gives me value -- it's who I am. I know that even when I don't behave like I know that.

No comments: